My daughter is pregnant!
No, not the 9 year old. LOL.
This is my ex-husband's daughter who gets along better with me than she does her dad. I consider her my daughter, too.

She was worried about how I would take the news since she's just 18 and starting out her life. I am excited for her.
While both her mother and I had a different idea of what her lifepath would be (decidedly different than her father's), ultimately, we knew her choices are just that...hers.
She's really scared and apologizing for it but as I said to her, what's done is done and the next question is what to do next. She's keeping the baby, which makes me super happy. Not that I wouldn't support her if she made a different decision. I'm just super happy she made this one (selfish reasons) and I'm excited for what's to come. She is a bit unsure about it all.
I'm of the mind that if you REALLY don't want a baby, you take every single possible precaution to ensure that. And there's a whole spiel that goes with that but I digress.
The point is, she's having a baby! Now we all have to get moving on preparing for his or her arrival. All this baby stuff I was hanging onto has found its purpose. I never hang onto stuff I no longer have use for but for some reason, baby things from Baby N I did keep. Now I know why. :)
Gawd, I'm super-duper-happy. I hope I can afford to take a trip to visit her and just take the things to her myself.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home